Probate Litigation Attorney Serving All of Ohio
The Zigray Law Office, LLC, offers almost two decades of legal experience and our principal attorney, Daniel Zigray, has focused his civil practice exclusively on probate litigation for over a decade. Many trial attorneys do not practice probate law because of the different rules employed in probate. Many probate lawyers lack trial experience and have not developed the courtroom skills that come from many years of being involved in the trying of probate dispute cases. The uniqueness of our firm is that we know probate law and have the necessary litigation experience.
Will Disputes, Will Contests, Probate Disputes
Our law firm brings its experience to the aid of people facing a wide range of probate and inheritance issues. We help settle misunderstandings, disagreements and outright probate fraud. Some of the specific areas where people need our help include:
- Will contests - are there questions about the validity of a will ? Was there a "last minute" change to a will? Did someone exert undue influence? Was the testator sufficiently competent? Was the will changed to exclude family members?
- Trust contests - this is very similar to a will contest. Undue influence and incapacity are key questions if doubts exist.
- Farm inheritance disputes - disputes regarding the inheritance of a farm have many factors that are unique to this type of probate dispute. We have a great deal of experience assisting with farm inheritance disputes.
- Life-time gifts and transfer cases - was an asset or funds that should have been part of the estate made into a gift or otherwise transferred during life? Is the recipient a caregiver or the holder of a power of attorney that grants him or her access to bank accounts and other assets?
- Concealment of assets/Inheritance enforcement - has someone removed or concealed assets that are part of the estate? Has an executor or trustee refused to deliver assets that you have inherited? Do you believe that you have a "claim against the estate"? We can uncover assets and enforce their delivery.
- Guardianships - is an elderly loved one in need of financial or physical custodianship? Do you believe that an elderly relative may be the victim of elder financial abuse?
- Probate litigation - while some cases may be resolved without litigation, it is the focus of our practice.
- Breach of fiduciary duty - when a trustee, executor or person holding a power of attorney acts in his or her own interest to the detriment of the person they are supposed to be serving, they may be violating their fiduciary duty. The person holding that power of attorney or the executor of a will or a trustee may be doing something against the best interests of an elderly person or the beneficiaries of a will or trust.
- Trust and Will construction - when a term in a will or trust is ambiguous, contradictory or its precise meaning is being fought over, the court can be asked to provide a definitive answer.
At our Toledo area law firm, we offer contingency fee structures for most cases. In those cases we are paid a percentage of your recovery, so there may be no "out-of-pocket" expense. We also offer free in-home initial consultations to prospective clients throughout the state of Ohio.
Call 419-897-7999 to speak with an experienced probate litigation attorney or simply contact us online.